Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Leverage: "The Miracle Job"

Nate's friend Fr. Paul (D.B. Sweeney) is on his way to petition the city council to save his church when he's attacked by thugs. Behind the attack is the developer poised to use the church land for a shopping plaza. To help Fr. Paul, Nate and the team fake a miracle, but in the resulting notoriety, the developer envisions a theme park built around the church.

This Christmas Eve eve episode was written by my friend Christine Boylan, and I saw flashes of her personality all through it, just as I hoped. (Sophie Devereaux as Willy Loman? Brilliant.) This was the deepest, juiciest episode so far. Good luck to Christine and Leverage. Take care of her, Rogers.

2 comments:

MysterLynch said...

I have not watched the third ep yet, but found the first to entertaining.

That said, the overall writing is weak, I find myself struggling to suspend my disbelief at times.

The characters are fun, but too many situations are too far from reality.

Anonymous said...

I would agree with myster, some of the situations are too far beyond the realm of realism.

I do like the characters, especially the blonde...she has an almost child-like quality to her.