Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Looking Back, Looking Forward

Despite the state of the economy, I have no ill feelings toward 2008. I believe fortune and misfortune happen in equal doses. What we do with them determines their longterm effects. I'm personally optimistic about the future because of all I've learned from the past. As for my country, I reserve celebration for when our elected officials actually succeed.

My two professional highlights of 2008 were the publication of The Lineup Issue 1 in July and attending my first Bouchercon in October, where I got to discuss The Lineup and meet so many people in the mystery community. No personal highlights, nothing like engagement, marriage, or the birth of a child. Then again, luckily, my work is personal to me.

Here are some things I'm looking forward to in 2009:

JANUARY

06: Mannix Season 2 on DVD
11: Fifth anniversary of this blog
20: The Rockford Files Season 6 on DVD

FEBRUARY

10: The Pelican Brief on Blu-ray
13: Dollhouse premieres on FOX

MARCH

03: Wonder Woman (DCAU) on Blu-ray and DVD
10: Family Ties Season 5 on DVD
17: JAG Season 8 on DVD, Reaper returns to The CW

MAY

01: X-Men Origins: Wolverine in theaters.

No comments: