Saturday, April 18, 2009

C.S.I.: "A Space Oddity"

The only other time I've watched C.S.I. was when Liev Schreiber subbed four episodes for William Petersen. I can't watch the glow-in-the-dark, blue-washed look of everything on a regular basis, but I had to watch "A Space Oddity" as a Trekkie. Hodges and Wendy bump into each other at WhatIfItCon, where the star of Astro Quest is murdered. I'm sure I didn't catch all the nods to Star Trek and other sci-fi shows, but Hodges' Astro Quest fantasies about Wendy were funny and easy to relate to.

It also reminded me fondly of Mr. Monk in Outer Space by Lee Goldberg.

1 comment:

Scott D. Parker said...

Thought this episode was a riot! Loved all the references and especially Hodges' dream sequences and how they bled into reality. Pretty good week for SF fans. Lost gets all Star Wars on us and CSI gets with the Trek.