Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Story of the Titanic Book Order

I don't often order from BarnesandNoble.com, but two weeks ago the math worked out, making BN.com the cheapest, fastest way to get the books I wanted. Only I didn't get all the books I wanted. Instead of Prime Time by Hank Phillippi Ryan, I received Story of the Titanic, an irregularly wide picture book from Dorling Kindersley. I was charged properly for Prime Time, and Prime Time was listed on the packing slip; it just wasn't in the box.

BN.com Customer Service responded promptly, sending me a postage-paid return label which I affixed to the original box. Only the box was too wide for my mailbox, so I had to bring it to the post office. I haven't had access to a car since Sunday, and won't for the next two weeks. I had to walk a mile to and from the post office carrying a shopping bag just wide enough to hold the box. I'm just glad it wasn't heavy and it didn't rain yesterday.

No comments: