Thursday, June 17, 2010

My New Used Books

I've gotten pickier with books, especially with the economy the past two years, trying to buy books I'll read sooner than later. Yesterday I bought the following at Amazon and qualified for free shipping with a subtotal of $25.06:

Free Agent by Jeremy Duns - a spy thriller set in 1969.

The Apprentice by Tess Gerritsen - getting ready for TNT's "Rizzoli and Isles" premiering July 12.

Rough Weather by Robert B. Parker - I'm a Spenser fan, but his last cases aren't worth $9.99 in paperback. I paid less than half that for a used copy.

Only Angels Have Wings on DVD - This 1939 Hawks film was Don Bellisario's major inspiration for "Tales of the Gold Monkey", as much as ABC tried to turn it into a Raiders of the Lost Ark ripoff.

1 comment:

Graham Powell said...

I am getting more indiscriminate. If there's a writer I like and I see a bunch of their books I get 'em all. I recently picked up 7 Cool & Lam novels by "A.A. Fair" (Erle Stanley Gardner), and just this week bought a couple of lots of John Dickson Carr books off eBay, 18 books total.

Judging by my past JD Carr reading, that's probably a lifetime supply.