Monday, February 14, 2011

Another Valentine's Day

...and I ain't got nobody,
I got some money ‘cause I just got paid,
But how I wish I had someone to talk to,
I'm in an awful way.


Apologies to Sam Cooke. I'm not really in an awful way. By now, I've accepted that perhaps I'm attracted to people who aren't attracted to me. Or anyone attracted to me hasn't so much as mentioned it more than once. Once may have been teasing. How was I to know? Strong verbal hints, please.

In any case, my unluck in love has yielded much poetry and fiction that, uncannily, I have never collected. Until now.

Poetry

When Jamie Phoned
Realizing the wet dream is about you,
Watching Julie's Boyfriend
In Love with a Stripper Named Lynn
Gotta Wonder
I Ask Ronni to Arm Wrestle
Enchanted
Wet Dream

Fiction

Call Me Cupid
The Luck of the Irish
Sweet Child O' Mine
Connect The Dots
Once Upon a Wedding Cake
So Long, Stevie

And just to rub it in, two actual exploits:

The Stuff of Legend
Love is in the air, so I'm staying indoors

Happy Valentine's Day, all you lovers.

No comments: