Saturday, May 14, 2011

Smallville: "Finale"

Hard to believe Smallville has ended after ten seasons. The show was originally aimed at teens and I was twenty-six when it premiered, but to me, Clark Kent's upbringing is what makes Superman so appealing. So I was interested, but the show often deviated from my knowledge of the Superman mythos, and I wasn't all that open to a fresh take.

As time went on, I realized the show would only be remembered if it were a fresh take. And now my clearest memories are of the attempted nuances, particularly a Jor-El who seemed more adversary than innately caring biological father (voiced by onetime Zod Terence Stamp).

I found parts of every season worth watching. I can't say that about many series. A final thank you to everyone who worked on Smallville.

No comments: