Wednesday, August 24, 2011


We on Long Island felt the effects of yesterday afternoon's 5.9 Washington DC-area quake. I forgot the safest place during a quake was in a doorway, but to be fair, I didn't know it was a quake at first. My brother worked from home yesterday, and the TV and sound system in his downstairs room usually vibrate through the floor of my bedroom/home office. When I heard our chandeliers shaking, I thought the central air unit or water heater had exploded.

Anyway, I survived my first quake. I'll take that trip to Vulcan now. Or maybe Shadow, home of Mal Reynolds.

No comments: