Friday, January 11, 2013

When nine years old you reach, look as good you will not.

I'm paraphrasing Yoda to commemorate this blog's ninth anniversary because I won't be around in nine hundred years. The start date had no significance to me at the time. I began blogging because January typically feels like thirty-one Mondays, and I wanted something to break out of the funk.

Many blogs have come and gone in nine years. I'm still here because this blog still serves to collect my thoughts. Some days I look back through the archives, but seldom very far. I want this to be a living record. As Kierkegaard said, "Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards."

Last year I learned January 11 is National Milk Day in the U.S., and as a fan of the short-lived ABC Family series The Middleman, I thought the day should also be dedicated to its milk-loving hero as played by Matt Keeslar. If you're a fellow fan, have a marathon of Shout! Factory's DVD set, or read the unaired season finale in comic book form, The Doomsday Armageddon Apocalypse (also YouTubed as a table read at San Diego Comic-Con 2009), or read Javi Grillo-Marxuach's recently-blogged Middleman-Star Trek Christmas crossover.

Follow me on Twitter as I wrap up a week saluting the show's cast and crew.

No comments: