Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Road to Bouchercon 2016

© by Gerald So | geraldso.blogspot.com |

With just over three months until Bouchercon 2016 in New Orleans, I'm booked Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights at the con hotel, wishfully thinking of my ideal travel scenario from New York, a twenty-one hour road trip. Here's the thing: I can't drive myself.

I have no qualms about flying except that the morning flights out of JFK and LaGuardia would mean getting to the airport by five A.M. If I flew out a day before the con, I'd need a place to stay the night before the con. Similarly, Amtrak from Penn Station to New Orleans would leave Tuesday afternoon and arrive Wednesday night.

Second, baggage limits normally aren't a problem for me, but this being a book convention, I'd like the freedom to bring a box of books home. So, a road trip with fellow attendee friends would be ideal. If you're considering driving, I could arrange transportation to you, and we could go from there. Though I can't drive, I'm happy to share expenses and comic relief.

I realize this is asking a lot. I did say it was my ideal scenario. If you love this plan and are excited to be a part of it, email G_SO at YAHOO dot COM.

No comments: