Saturday, December 24, 2016

To Unscheduled Joy

© by Gerald So | 4:00 A.M.

It's another Christmas for me as a single, childless adult (not by choice). As such, I've learned to take joy of the season when and where I feel it. After all, I don't see that one can bottle up joy to be released just in time on the Twenty-fourth, -fifth, or Thirty-first.

I don't have the means to repay all my friends and loved ones in material gifts, but I try to bring that friendship and love with me whenever I see or talk with them. To last week's gathering of nine of us for Rogue One, for example.

I hope this blog strikes a similar friendly tone with every post.

I have Christmas-themed poems running at The Five-Two this and next week. I need one more poem to fill out January and then some for our February theme, crimes of passion. Submit today.

All the best to you for the holiday season and the new year.

No comments: