Wednesday, June 23, 2004

More Haps While I Was Gone

At 1:03 a.m. Mountain Time on June 10, as I was winging my way to Hawaii, my friends Matt and Kim Tedesco welcomed their first child, Sophia Rose. Good pick considering Matt's commitment to wisdom as a philosopher. Later this summer, the family will move from Boulder, Colorado to Wisconsin.

I joked that if they wanted to stick with a theme, they should name their second child Ken. Some things will be beyond him, but these could be powerful motivators...

Is this thing on?

Also, the short story "Munchies," by writer friend Jack Bludis, was nominated for a Shamus--the award given by the Private Eye Writers of America (PWA). "Munchies" was anthologized by Michael Bracken for Hardbroiled, and reprinted by us at The Thrilling Detective Web Site.

Congrats to the Tedescos and good luck to Jack.

No comments: