Monday, September 12, 2005

Roll the Bones



I'm guardedly curious about Fox's new show Bones, based on the work of forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs, premiering tomorrow night at 8. Given that I was an Angel fan, I'm interested to see how David Boreanaz fares playing a human. And I'm not sure this is good or bad, but female lead Emily Deschanel seems to resemble Amanda Peet (whom I like) with even higher-wattage eyes.

Unfortunately the show is slotted against NCIS, a must-see for me. So unless Bones is riveting, I'll lose track of it until the first round of reruns.

After Bones, House premieres its second season, so it may be the first night I've watched Fox exclusively. Gulp.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forensics and craps don't match. What the world needs more of is craps ... and a lot less forensic shows ... but i'll settle for the Three Stooges vs. The Mummy.

Hobster said...

Okay, first five or so minutes are fun...not sure it's a classic, but it's not bad.

Gerald, I figure you'd be the man to ask about Kathy Reichs' books...worth the time?

Gerald So said...

I haven't read a Reichs book all the way through, but I just now sampled Monday Mourning on Amazon. It looks to be the common slightly overwritten thriller. I watched a video interview with Reichs on the Bones website in which she admits she had no writing training before her first book in 1994. She wrote on the side and it turned profitable. I have no great urge to seek out her books, but I may be able to take the shorthand TV version.

Graham Powell said...

If David Boreanaz had a daughter, don't you think he'd name her Aurora? 'Aurora Boreanaz' just has a nice ring to it...