Tuesday, February 14, 2006

SOLOMON VS. LORD by Paul Levine

I'd heard a good deal of buzz about the chemistry between veteran defense lawyer Steve Solomon and rookie prosecutor Victoria Lord, but would I believe it when I read it?

In a recent post, I wrote that newness for me is a matter of characters. To make the classic tale of adversaries falling for each other seem new, the execution had to be spot on. Not only did their verbal jousts have to ring true, but their personalities had to clash in just the right way to let readers know they needed each other.

Paul Levine scored every point in 546 expertly-paced pages delivering a deceptive high-stakes murder case as the backdrop for the partners' first dance.

UPDATE: All four books in the Solomon vs. Lord series are now available for Amazon Kindle.

No comments: