Sunday, February 01, 2004

Birthday Blitz

Chatted with friends Dave White and Jim Winter last night about how we as writers measure success. We don't get raises or promotions for the time we put in, and in selfish moments, I wish for those clear-cut signs. On the other hand, the ability to see coincidence, metaphor, and irony is a gift I'd never trade. I may sound like someone reflecting on his birthday, except today isn't my birthday, and this post has nothing to do with the Super Bowl.

Today is, according to IMdb, a birthday for Tracy Lines and Corina Curves--actual people; only the latter is an "adult film" star.

Today would have been a birthday for former St. John's basketball star Malik Sealy and kung fu legacy heir Brandon Lee, both stand-up men who passed before their time.

I promise to use this power only for good.

No comments: