Friday, May 14, 2004

Flashback Friday

Sarah Weinman relays this link of the Top 10 Eightiest Movies, one man's opinion of the movies which typified the footloose and fancyfree decade.

Of the movies to make his list, I must say I enjoyed The Last Dragon, and Weekend at Bernie's is one of my all-time favorite bummin' around summer movies. (Now Weekend at Bernie's 2 was cashing in.)

In response to this, here are my lists of the Good and Bad of the 80s:

Good

10. Risky Business
9. Wall Street
8. Lethal Weapon
7. Die Hard
6. Three Amigos!
5. The Empire Strikes Back
4. Top Gun
3. Ghostbusters
2. Stand By Me
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark



Bad

10. Tango and Cash
9. Splash
8. Rambo: First Blood Part II
7. Weird Science
6. Star Trek V
5. Cocktail
4. Dirty Dancing
3. Dead Heat
2. The Karate Kid
1. Mannequin

1 comment:

Gerald So said...

When I say "bad," I'm measuring its 80s cheese factor. I like the movie for all the reasons you mention, Sarah, but Patrick Swayze brings it down for me.

That said, Swayze's ROAD HOUSE is worse, both 80s cheesy and ill-conceived. HE-MAN (Dolph Lundgren) AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE is worse still. So much dreck, so few spots.