Tuesday, May 18, 2004

New Books

My latest book order from eCampus:

Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom and Conqueror Worm; author Mignola blends just the right amount of ancient mythology with modern cynicism.

First Blood and Lessons from a Lifetime of Writing by David Morrell; the book that inspired the movies First Blood and Rambo was actually published in 1972 with Vietnam even fresher in people's memories.

I was turned on to Morrell with The Fifth Profession, the first book I read completely for pleasure. It was a great ride, and it should be good getting back to him. It should be neat, too, to read his fiction along with his writing philosophies in the latter book, as I've done with Lawrence Block.

Lost Light by Michael Connelly; I've been meaning to get back to Connelly after starting The Black Echo two years ago. I had been trying to read too many books at once. With this book, Harry Bosch becomes a PI. I'm intrigued.

No comments: