Monday, May 10, 2004

What a Difference a Pad Makes

The other night we went on a shopping trip for the first time in two months. At Staples, I picked up a glorious new anti-static carpet pad for the office portion of my bedroom. My previous pad, ill-suited for carpet, had cracked in several spots and would slide slightly when I moved, eventually leaving my chair no room to roll.

Next at our local BJ's Club, I picked up three shirts and one pair of shorts for workouts, various cereal products. In the absence of LOST LIGHT by Michael Connelly, I settled for A BODY TO DIE FOR by Kate White, whose debut mystery was recommended on Reading with Ripa (which Regis Philbin calls the Beach Trash Book Club). I'll read any story well told.

Finally yesterday, Henry installed a glare-free light atop my monitor so the keyboard is well lit with no reflection off the screen. With natural light all day from my window and the 13-watt Ott Light lamp already at my bedside, I no longer need my previous incandescent track light. Energy efficiency rocks.

No comments: