Sunday, July 18, 2004

Sunday Doings

To bring some order to my unpredictable reading schedule, I've added Start Date and Finish Date columns to my book database. So far this has motivated me to finish two and a half books in the space of a week--the latest being this month's DetecToday featured novel, Lonely Street by Steve Brewer.

Now I'm on to Iguana Love by Vicki Hendricks. Hendricks's debut, Miami Purity was featured on DetecToday last year. Iguana is a quick read at 185 pages, but again Hendricks packs those pages with steamy sexual tension and black humor.

Meanwhile, my own writing instincts are being pulled in three directions. I'd like to do another Chris Harvey P.I. story and another C.J. Stone story, but most likely I'll work on "Home" first. It's been hanging, waiting for me to get a handle on the brother-sister tension at its center.

Before any of that, though, it's leftover KFC for dinner.

No comments: