Friday, August 06, 2004

Stargate

Not the sequel to Defender, but the movie starring Kurt Russell and James Spader that spawned the TV series starring Richard Dean Anderson. The series originally aired on Showtime, one of the cable channels I didn't get. Now on Sci-Fi Channel, it has run for seven years below my radar. I ordered the movie on DVD yesterday for background.

I'm not yet familiar with all the races in the Stargate universe. What appeals to me about the show is its mix of military and sci-fi, the former keeping the latter grounded. Also, it's a kick to see Richard Dean Anderson--the man with all the answers as MacGyver--scratch his head, stare blankly, and say, "I got nothing" as Jack O'Neill.

Also picked up The Peacemaker starring Nicole Kidman and George Clooney. Not worth it at the movies, but great for a lazy Sunday in front of the Tube.

No comments: