Wednesday, June 08, 2005

"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

From IMDb:
Bale Calls for Batman Sex Scenes

Batman Begins star Christian Bale is urging producers to release two versions of the next Batman movie, so that the Caped Crusader's sexuality can be explored. The actor, who has already signed up to star in a second Batman movie, believes it's time for the powers that be to show the comic book superhero's R-rated side, while also releasing a film for younger fans. Bale says, "I do think there is a lot of room for, like, an R-rated Batman. It's a little bit tricky to broach the sex aspect of the story when you want kids to come see this as well. I mean, we still like for a 12-year-old to come see it and enjoy it. I think it would be very interesting, myself, to do maybe one version, which can be both PG-13 and R - two different cuts of it. The (Batman) graphic novel certainly dove into his private life because it's fascinating. He's got to do something sexual at some point. I think it could be an interesting storyline to take somewhere."

3 comments:

Rufus said...

It's about time that he really entered Batmanhood.

John DuMond said...

I don't wanna know how Batman gets his sexual jollies. If I wanted to watch a guy in a cape having sex, there are plenty of S&M videos floating around out there. Call me old fashioned, but Batman's libido is just not something I would want to devote any of my time to examining.

Gerald So said...

But remember, Batman is Bruce Wayne, who has often been described as "millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne." So we can assume he's quite the ladies' man. He probably wouldn't have sex in the Batsuit unless Catwoman wanted to get kinky.

This said, I sorta agree with John. Seeing Bruce Wayne in the act might be like seeing James Bond. We already have the legend of Bond as a great lover. An actor trying to portray this could fall short of expectations.