Friday, July 01, 2005

Canada Day

Ironic that on Canada Day my renewed U.S. passport should arrive in enough time for me to (theoretically) ride up to Toronto tonight for Fourth-of-July weekend.

Practically, it's too late to join the trip as I would have to rush to pack, increasing the chance I'd forget some crucial item or other. Instead I'll spend the next three days ensconced with a book or two and the aforementioned DangerMouse, Spenser, and Stone Cold DVDs.

I don't leave the States often, but it's nice to know that once again I can cross the borders freely.

2 comments:

Dave White said...

Cross the borders freely huh? Yeah I know what you're getting at! BAH! Crossing the border is overrated...

heh.

Anonymous said...

I'm crossing the border myself...going from the city to the country. I left NYC yesterday and I'm in Colorado. Leaving later today to go backpack and camp in Rocky Mountain National Park. Of course, my survival kit includes a novel -- in this instance, Michael Connelly's The Closers.