Friday, July 15, 2005

IMDb: Laurie Feels Validated with Emmy Nomination


British actor Hugh Laurie is thrilled with his Emmy nomination because it's made him feel like he's in the right career after more than two decades in the business. Laurie received a nod in the Best Actor in a Drama category for his efforts in acclaimed medical show House, and he admits it's finally made him feel validated. He tells the Hollywood Reporter, "I'm still reeling. I'm still taking it all in. I've been doing this for 20-odd years and never really been sure that I've been doing the right thing, that I've been in the right place at the right time. It's wonderful to feel at last that maybe I didn't pick the wrong career, that I didn't take a wrong turning, that maybe this is something that I ought to be doing." Laurie, who attributes the show's success to the writing, will vie for the award with James Spader, Ian McShane, Hank Azaria and Kiefer Sutherland on September 18 in Los Angeles.

1 comment:

Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

I freakin' LOVE James Spader! I wondered where he'd gotten off to!