Sunday, September 11, 2005

True to My School

Received my high school alumni bulletin the other day. Normally I just scan the notes for classmates, then discard the thing and go on with my life. Today, though, I began to think, Maybe someone actually wants to know what I've been up to since 1992. So here's what I wrote:
Gerald So holds an M.A. in Creative Writing from Queens College/CUNY and has taught English at Hofstra University. He has published short stories and poetry and is currently Fiction Editor for The Thrilling Detective Web Site. Catch up with him on his web log: http://geraldso.blogspot.com.

To be honest, I was spurred largely by the announcement of a classmate's brother's wedding. This particular classmate and I shared a high-five and a hug upon learning we were exempt from the senior English final. According to the announcement, she was in the wedding party and still goes by the same name. That doesn't mean she's single in this day and age, but I can hope.

No comments: