Thursday, March 09, 2006

WENN: Hatcher's Trust Issues After Child Abuse

Teri Hatcher finds it difficult to trust men after enduring sexual abuse at the hands of her uncle as a child. The Desperate Housewives star bravely assisted police in jailing pedophile Richard Hayes Stone when she heard his abuse had driven a teenager to suicide. But despite having moved on with her life, Hatcher, who was molested by Stone between the ages of five to eight, has suffered a disastrous love life as a result of her horrific experiences. She says, "I am a woman who carries around all these layers of fear and vulnerability. The biggest effect to me is this area of love and men, which hasn't been so great."

Though her latest show is past my bedtime, I've been a Hatcher fan since MacGyver. The news that she was abused angers me, but I admire that she was the one to break the story. I wish her happiness.

No comments: