Friday, October 20, 2006

It'll be Cards vs. Tigers

If you can't make it to the World Series, you want to go down in seven games, with the winning runs on base, and one of your best hitters at the plate—the way the Mets lost to the Cards last night.

The team showed heart. I'm sure they'll be back next year. And I'm sure these encouraging words are no consolation. Never before have I seen so little difference between winning and losing. And yet there is a difference once the game is over.

I don't like the Cards under La Russa, and I hope the Tigers jump on them the way they have everyone else this season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another Major League baseball fiasco … once again the two teams with the best records in baseball are eliminated by made for t.v. short series playoffs … and the entire 162 game season is rendered pointless …

It makes perfect sense to me when the most heralded player in the league (at least the national league) doesn’t bother running out an infield popup (Puhjols last night) and there’s an error and the announcer (Joe Buck) actually makes an excuse for the lack of effort (“to be fair, Puhjols probably wouldn’t have gotten past 2nd base anyway”). I hope Albert enjoys his mega millions …

So, let’s hear it for baseball … a team that finished 5 games over five hundred is going to the World Series …

I’d love to see them start picking teams from a hat BEFORE next season … what’s the difference?