Friday, December 07, 2007

AntiMuse Closing to Fiction and Poetry

Noticing AntiMuse recently went offline, I did a web search and found editor Michael Haislip's MySpace page. In an October 25 blog entry, he writes of redesigning AntiMuse:

I'm dumping fiction and poetry completely. This means I'll be alienating my original audience of writers and poets, but that's not really the audience I want for the site. Fiction and poetry are great, but very few people actually read them, just like very few people who call themselves "writers" actually write. Creative writing doesn't generate page views and doesn't generate comments. I refuse to publish something that no one reads out of some sense of loyalty to art.


I'm sorry to hear this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about AntiMuse. I'm a writer who writes, as well as a subscriber to small and literary presses, and so far I've found over 150 markets for what I write, so I'm glad to disagree with AntiMuse. Never give up. Never say die. Sounds cliche. Ain't.