Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Whadja get? Birthday Edition

Last Wednesday, I took the trains to Brooklyn for an evening of pizza, heroes, black cherry creme soda, and cannolis with my friends John, Deshant, and Tracy. We were celebrating Deshant's birthday a few weeks late and watched the animated Wonder Woman on Blu-ray. I gave Deshant Dollhouse Seaso One on Blu-ray, and he surprised me with Darwyn Cooke's graphic novel of Richard Stark's The Hunter for my birthday.

Having read original Richard Stark book and seen both cuts of Payback with Mel Gibson, the plot was very familiar to me. I was interested in how much sex/violence Cooke would show and how. All in all, a good job.

I also should receive Castle Season One from my brother in the mail soon. There will be a big party this Sunday for my many relatives born in October, but that's never been my speed. I prefer a quiet day without hype, just what I got yesterday.

3 comments:

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Happy birthday!!

Thank you for all that you contribute to the mystery community.

Terrie

Gerald So said...

Thanks, Terrie. My pleasure.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Tito G! We miss you!