Saturday, August 08, 2020

New Swear: "Isaias!"

© by Gerald So | 5:00 AM

Tropical storms hit Long Island often enough, I was prepared to lose power as Isaias rolled in Tuesday, I thought power would be out a few hours, maybe a day. That turned out to three days, three hours.

Luckily we still had running water, our gas cooktop (if we lit it), and a backup battery for my brother's smartphone, with which he reported our outage and checked PSEG Long Island's progress. Though the downtime for us was longer than Super Storm Sandy, fortunately only a branch or two came down in our yard. The first house on our block, originally the model home, has three trees down that I saw.

My brother and I were supposed to have a dental checkup Thursday, but the dentist's power was also out. Hopefully, we'll get it in next week.

Good luck to all still without power.

No comments: