Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas, Christmas Time is Here

© by Gerald So | 2:30 AM

The past week has been hectic, a cardiologist checkup for my mother on Tuesday and a dental checkup for me Thursday. Since my mother's pneumonia last year, doctors have been watching her heart as well as her lungs. Recently she redeveloped some shortness of breath, and Tuesday's echo showed another valve had worsened from mild to moderate leaking. The cardiologist adjusted her meds, which seems to be helping. She has a pulmonologist checkup early next year. I know her survival is a gift, and I hope it keeps giving.

My dental checkup went fine. About three months ago I doubled my home care routine after watching Teeth Talk Girl videos, buying a Sulcabrush, an end-tuft brush, and some TePes. Next I'm trying curved soft picks.

It's another Christmas keeping gatherings small, trying to avoid illness, in the words of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," muddling through. Peace and goodwill today and every day.

No comments: