Friday, July 19, 2024

MOONLIGHTING

Posted 10:30 AM by Gerald So

Despite my lifelong fondness for private eye fiction, I'm not a fan of MOONLIGHTING, I think mostly because I dislike Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis as the stars, but also because the show plays with tone so broadly.

Now streaming on Tubi, it's interesting to look back at Willis right before his movie breakout, long hefore aphasia forced him to retire. I hear how clever the dialogue is. I would appreciate it whoever played Maddie and David.

Creator Glenn Gordon Caron wrote the role of Maddie for Shepherd and fought the network to cast Willis as David Addison, but if the show had different stars who got along better, if Caron had run things more efficiently, it might have yielded more than sixty-seven episodes and five seasons.


Embed from Getty Images

No comments: