Thursday, September 12, 2024

Looking Goodr

Posted 2:30 PM by Gerald So

Like many Asians it seems, all my life I've looked for well-fitting sunglasses, rarely finding them. A few years ago, I tried on a pair of Foster Grant aviators at BJ's, they fit well, and I bought them. A pair of Foster Grant sport wraparounds didn't fit as well, though. Both pairs are mirrored, and I've soured on that look.

My college friends recommended Goodr, a California company that makes affordable sunglasses for running and other such active sports. I watched a few videos of Asians trying on Goodrs and decided to buy two $25 non-reflective OGs: DRINKS SEAWATER, SEES THE FUTURE and A UNICORN'S CALAMITY.

Here I am wearing DRINKS SEAWATER, SEES THE FUTURE, navy blue gradient lenses:

Photo by Gerald So

And wearing A UNICORN'S CALAMITY blackout lenses:

Photo by Gerald So

Most of Goodr's glasses are mirrored, and you know? Now that I have two essential pairs, I'll go for some fun ones.

No comments: