Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Leverage: "The Mile-High Job"

Going after a corporation whose agricultural division was responsible for the illnesses and deaths of children, Nate, Sophie, Eliot, and Parker board a flight at the last minute looking for evidence of the cover-up. They discover the corporation's CEO intends to take out not only the accountant who found the evidence (Sara Rue) but the entire flight with her.

Eight episodes in, the cast has officially gelled. Each character has shining moments, and together their timing clicks. Kudos to writer-producer Amy Berg.

Co-creator John Rogers has an excellent blog post on how episodes of Leverage are conceived.

4 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Between Damages and this, I am looking over my shoulder and under the ground.

MysterLynch said...

I continue to enjoy Leverage, the cast is quite entertaining.

The issues I have with the writing are still there. I really wish they would make an attempt to make things a tad more plausible.

Gerald So said...

I wanted more realism at first, but there are plenty of hyper-real crime dramas today. Leverage stands out for its breezy pace and rye tone.

MysterLynch said...

I don't want total realism, I just want it to be a little easier for me to suspend my disbelief.