Tuesday, December 30, 2014

DOCTOR WHO Series 8

© by Gerald So | geraldso.blogspot.com | 3:00 A.M.

Having seen last Thursday's Christmas special, I can now take stock of Series 8. Everyone has favorite Doctors and others with whom they are less taken. While I enjoyed Matt Smith's youthfulness, it led me to better appreciate Peter Capaldi's contrasting, cantankerous Doctor, who I thought well set up to clash with experienced Companion and schoolteacher Clara Oswald.

I liked the range of emotions Clara showed, staying through The Doctor's regeneration, showing him the ropes, getting frustrated enough to leave him. Then, in the Christmas special, The Doctor's return showed how much Clara meant to him. It was, again, a nice contrast to the easier chemistry between other Doctors and Companions.

No comments: