Thursday, January 11, 2018

Turning Fourteen

© by Gerald So | 3:00 a.m.

This is not a post about my first year of high school, but about the fact I decided to start my own blog fourteen years ago today. I had no idea it would lead to others like The Five-Two, So, You Want to Chat, or Nasty. Brutish. Short., or that blogs would still be a thing fourteen years later.

Blogs are one of my favorite media because writing calls for more polished and thorough presentation than texting, yet you still feel you're hearing directly from a person. And maybe the coolest thing is you decide what your blog is about.

I used to think too much about what I wrote here, wonder how it would reflect on me and who else would find it cool. Over the years, I've developed my writing style to the point I'm confident it speaks well of me.

Thanks to everyone who enjoys this blog in particular.

1 comment:

BVLawson said...

Happy blog-a-versary! In an era when many blogs are shutting down, that's quite an achievement. Here's to many more good years ahead.