Sunday, December 18, 2022

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year?

© by Gerald So | 5:00 AM

Dec. 23: My mother came home from thirteen days of rehab yesterday. She was prescribed an oxygen concentrator, tanks, and a wheelchair. She tells me, even without oxygen, she's breathing much easier than when she went to the emergency room three weeks ago.

My brother tested negative for COVID this afternoon. I tested negative yesterday. Many thanks to my immune system. Looks like my extended family will celebrate Christmas and New Year's individually, but again I'm most grateful my mom and brother are recovering.

Dec. 18: On top of my mother's pneumonia diagnosis December 1, my older brother home-tested positive for COVID last Tuesday. I haven't gotten in the Christmas spirit, but I'm reminded the calendar doesn't matter; I'll celebrate when they recover. All the best to you and yours.

No comments: