Monday, October 30, 2023

Night Tearers

© by Gerald So | 2:30 AM

Two weeks ago, I discovered one of my fitted bedsheets torn. The Boston Linen percale cotton set, mentioned here, had served in biweekly rotation with a Pinzon percale set from May 2019 to November 2021 and triweekly since then.

I looked to replace it with a second Pinzon percale set since my first is helding strong, but Amazon seems to have discontinued that set. Finding many cotton sheet sets warrantied for two years, I decided on a navy blue Brielle Tencel Modal jersey knit set, having read modal is more durable in bedsheets than cotton.

You may be interested in the difference between the Brielle Tencel modal sheet set and a Brielle Tencel lyocell sheet set I bought in 2021. Tencel modal processing is less eco-friendly than Tencel lyocell's closed-loop, Among modals, however, Tencel is certified sustainably-sourced and uses less energy and water, causing less global warming and eutrophication. The Tencel modal sheet set can be washed in a cold-water normal cycle where the lyocell set specifies a cold-water gentle cycle.

No comments: